Saturday, June 24, 2017

Welcome Tara Kingston for a Hosting Spotlight!


Thank you for hosting me today, Sissy. It’s a pleasure to stop by your blog and discuss books and reading romance.

Since I was a girl, not quite a teen, I’ve loved novels with elements of mystery and romance. My mother read gothic romances by Victoria Holt and Barbara Michaels, and before long, I was devouring these tales of endangered governesses and brooding heroes as fast as I could get my hands on them. As a teenager, my tastes veered to passionate historical romances with alpha-male heroes, but I never lost my appreciation for romance with a bit of mystery.

I’ve been thinking about my favorite historical romances. There are so many books and authors that I love, it’s really hard to narrow the list down. My favorites change depending on my mood. Some of the romances I treasure are recent additions to my keeper shelf, while many have long occupied a spot on my bookcase (and now, my e-reader). A few stand out as being particularly close to my heart. Here are a sampling of those books that will always have a place in this reader’s heart:

~ Thief of Hearts by Teresa Medeiros
A to-die-for pirate and a gorgeous, charming bodyguard (who wears glasses…one of my weaknesses in a hero!) in the same romance—What’s a heroine to do? I adore this spirited tale of intrigue, revenge, redemption, and true love.

~ For the Roses by Julie Garwood

One of the most touching and romantic stories I’ve ever read, For the Roses holds a special place in my heart. After I read this book, I devoured Julie Garwood’s books about the Claybourne brothers. This tale of a young woman in the American West, her four brothers-of-the-heart, and the man who captures her heart showcases family loyalties (even if those family ties are not through blood) and true love in the form of a man with a secret that may well shatter the heroine’s life. Of course, there is a happily-ever-after. The hero is not only handsome and seductive, but he’s scorchingly smart… truly sigh-worthy!

~ Ravished by Amanda Quick

A brooding, enigmatic, and protective hero and endearing bluestocking heroine in a Regency-set love story with a touch of mystery and Beauty and the Beast feel—I adored it!

~ The Wings of the Falcon by Barbara Michaels

This intrigue-filled old-school Gothic romance features an unusual setting (Italy), a bit of mystery, and a smidge of adventure. An orphaned heroine encounters two handsome and enigmatic brothers—one is a heroic revolutionary in disguise, a man who’s captured her heart. This book may feel a little corny to some, but it holds a special place in my heart.

My taste for intrigue factors into my own historical romances. My latest release, When A Lady Dares, features a heroine who’s a covert agent drawn into a sinister mystery with life-and-death stakes. Here’s a little about the story:

A daring agent confronts a notorious rogue, but who's seducing who?

In Victorian London, secret agent Sophie Atherton connives her way into a phony medium’s confidence, searching for clues to a string of mysterious deaths. When archaeologist Gavin Stanwyck seeks out the charlatan’s services, Sophie suspects he’s after more than a long-lost heirloom. Their electric attraction storms her defenses, but she steels her heart. Uniting to survive a sinister plot, the daring spy and cynical rake must tear down their defenses and learn to trust their hearts.

To learn more about this book and read an excerpt, please visit: https://entangledpublishing.com/when-a-lady-dares.html or visit my website, www.tarakingston.com.

I love to connect with my readers. Please sign up for my newsletter at: Newsletter:   https://tarakingston.com/newsletter-signup/  You can usually find me on Facebook, Twitter, and now, I’m on Instagram. Here are the links if you’d like to connect:






No comments:

Post a Comment