Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: Blood and Secrets

Blood and Secrets Blood and Secrets by Rose Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blood & Secrets: 1 by Rose Harper. This is book one in The Calvetti Family saga.
This is the story of Carina and Mateo. Carina has been promised to Mateo since they were young. Now that Mateo has taken over the crime family he needs a strong wife but finds that Carina isn't that. Carina was to be trained to be his wife but instead she was abused by her family. Carina does stand up to Mateo but he doesn't see her as the strong women he needs and keeps his mistress too.
This book is really dark and has triggers in it along with the hero not being true to the heroine...but this just starts their story. This does end with a cliffhanger to get us ready for the next book and installment into this story.
On a personal note I struggled with the rating because I don't like the hero's treatment nor that he kept his mistress but again that is my personal preference for a hero not to do. So I stuck to the overall writing and story telling to come to my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment