Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review: The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham

The Earl I Ruined The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

THE EARL I RUINED by Scarlett Peckham is book Two in The Secrets of Charlotte Street. This is the story of Julian Haywood, the Earl of Apthorp and Constance Stonewell. I have read the previous book but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Constance created a poem that played Julian in a bad light. The poem was not to be for the public's eye but that is what ended up happening. Julian who isn't well off but does work hard, which is what he was doing to get a vote passed in Parliament when the scandal broke for him. When Constance comes to make things right he is taken back by her being the one that wrote this about him. But with no choices but to help each other, they go forward to do a pretend engagement. Which leads them to slowly start to deal with their feelings. Julian and Constance have been dancing around their feelings for a while so I was glad to see them working through to their happy ending.
Both are characters are not perfect but together they made a perfect match.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment