Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Review: Desolation Road

Desolation Road Desolation Road by Christine Feehan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Desolation Road by Christine Feehan is book 4 in the Torpedo Ink Series. This is the story of Aleksei “Absinthe” Solokov and Scarlet Foley. I have read the previous books (loved them!) which did add to my enjoyment of this one. There are past characters with an ongoing back story but with all that said, you could make it a standalone book if you wish to do so. Absinthe along with his other MC group had a awful childhood (really bad!) where they were trained to kill and seduce. So they ended up using those tools to free themselves and formed the Torpedo Ink MC. They are all close of course but they each have issue letting someone in or experiencing the new feelings that person brings. For Absinthe he likes to go a library to get peace sometimes. This has him encountering Scarlet who he starts going to the library to sit and watch her. Scarlet too in drawn to watching Absinthe but neither acts on the attraction they share. Scarlet for one thing in on the run from her dangerous past that keeps finding her but soon neither can walk away without taking their attraction further. This author is one of my favorite writers. I always know that I will be getting a great story that will have me drawn into the book and the characters. Loved it and I plan on reading more from this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment