Monday, July 6, 2020

Review: The Devil of Downtown

The Devil of Downtown The Devil of Downtown by Joanna Shupe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Devil of Downtown by Joanna Shupe is book three in the Uptown Girls series. This is the story of Justine Greene and Jack Mulligan.  I have read the previous books, which did add to my enjoyment of this one.  I do feel this can be a standalone book. Justine has taken to fighting for the rights of women, children and people that are in need.  Justin also helps her brother-in- law with his legal aide group.  Justine is on a job to track down a man who has abandon his family which leads her to meet Jack.  Jack is the raining head of the underworld who grew up in a brothel then onto the streets.  Jack has worked his way up the ranks and now is having another person causing issues.  This leads him to exchange favors with Justine.  Justine and Jack set a tone of friendship but their desire for each other starts to take over.  But all is not so simple on their road to happiness.  Enjoyed their story and I do want to read more from this author!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment