Tuesday, January 23, 2024

DECEPTIVE TRUCE by Heather Long

 

Release Date: January 23

Life has been a series of exquisite disasters…

Do you ever lie to yourself? I do. Making friends has been the cruelest choice I ever inflicted upon myself. I like to say I don’t regret it, and for the most part that’s true.

I resent it.

I despise him because he left me behind, following another battle in this war we’ve been waging. I thought we were partners, best friends, allies, and that he would always have my back as I’ve fought to have his.

I hate her because she’s perfection and everything he’s ever wanted, untouchable, brilliant, and capable. Yet, I want her too. Need her. Still, she gave herself to someone else.

Telling myself one taste would have to be enough even when I knew it never could be is just another deception I sold myself on this trail of disaster.

No matter what I do, I’m not enough for them, for my family, for this world we inhabit. Now—alliances are shifting, and our enemies are closing in.

I know the difference and I know I need to leave them to face it all on their own. That’s the choice I should make. That’s the choice I have to make.

Or at least, that’s the newest lie I tell myself.


DECEPTIVE TRUCE is a full-length mature dark, new adult romance with enemies-to-lovers/love-hate themes. Please be aware some situations may be uncomfortable for readers. Trigger warnings can be found in the foreword should you require them. This is book three in a six book series that is a why choose with multiple new adults exploring and coming to terms with their evolving sexuality, identities, and relationships. 

Grab Your Copy Here!
Available in KU

Meet Heather Long

I love books. Not just a little bit, but a lot. Books were my best friends when I was growing up. Books didn’t care if I was new to a town or to a class. They were always there, my trustiest of companions. Until they turned on me and said I had to write them.

I can tell you that my own personal happily ever after included writing books. I’ve always said that an HEA is a work in progress. It’s true in my marriage, my friendships, and in my career. I am constantly nurturing my muse as we dive into new tales, new tropes, new characters and more.

After seventeen years back in Texas, we relocated to the Pacific Northwest in search of seasons, new experiences, and new geography. I can’t wait to discover what life (and my muse) have in store for me. Maybe writing was always my destiny and romance my fate. After all, my grandmother wasn’t a fan
of picture books and used to read me her Harlequin Romance novels.

Friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, friends to enemies to lovers, you name it, I love them and love to write them. I started with Earth Witches Aren’t Easy, the first in the Chance Monroe trilogy, but my characters and I have traveled a long way since I created that urban fantasy world.

One of the series I hear my readers recommend the most is the Untouchable series followed in quick succession by the Vandals, and that just delights me. No lie, whenever one of my readers brings up my wolves, I do a little a fist pump.

I’m active on social media, and I love hearing from readers. Feel free to tag me with a question about any of my books, or just say hi! 

To learn more about Heather and her books, visit here!  


Brought to you by:
My Review
5 Stars
DECEPTIVE TRUCE by Heather Long is book Three in the Bay Ridge Royals Series.  This continues the story of Lainey, Milo (Pretty Boy), Adam, Ezra & Bodhi.  Their story started in the First book 'Shameless Loyal' and then on to the second book 'Battle Lines'.   So you will need to read those books to fully enjoy this one.  This series has been building and building with a slow burn along with multi points of views.  There is some possible trigger issues for some so please be advised.  This does end with a cliffhanger setting us up for more in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment