Her Majesty's Scoundrels by Christy Carlyle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
'Her Majesty's Scoundrels' is a box set with 5 Novella! This box set has a few of my favorite authors along with a few authors I have not had the chance to read their books...until now. That is one of the reason I love box sets. It gives you a chance to find new authors and to get a quick read of a favorite author. Box set of Novella's are also nice when you need quick story while you are waiting and for night reading. This also is for the person that loves a spy/mystery story with their romance!
Here are the story titles:
1. To Lure a Lost Duke by Christy Carlyle:
Killian Graves, Duke of Strathmoor, doesn’t wish to be found. An unforgivable act in London and haunting memories of war have turned him into a recluse. Not even Octavia Fowler, the fetching lady detective Queen Victoria set on his trail can lure him back from seclusion. Though she may prove a danger to his heart.
*Octavia "Tavia" is running her own detective agency and is asked by the Queen to bring in Killian who is the new Duke but he refuses to come forward. Tavia tracks down Killian and he is a harden recluse who is very slow to even acknowledge the title after his brother's death. But Tavia will be hard to resist.
2. Cast in Scandal by Laura Landon
Edward Waverley, Duke of Townsend, has put his undercover work for Her Majesty far behind him. But when she calls on him to find a missing agent, every clue leads him to the same woman—a woman accused of murdering her husband.
Everyone in Society assumes Lady Alyssa Lindleigh is guilty of her husband’s death. Now, if she wants to make her way back into their favor, she must prove her innocence. If she can only find the real murderers without losing her life. And the man she has come to love.
*This was a nice surprise as Edward and Alyssa were older. Edward has grown children who are married and he is trying to protect their name. Alyssa is being accused of murdering her husband but she has come forward to try and find the killer...and putting her life in danger.
3. The Viscount's Secret by Anthea Lawson
Anthony Blake, Viscount Percival, is renowned throughout the ton for his handsome face and his foppish ways. Only a select few know that beneath Lord Percival's foolish exterior is a keen intelligence able to ferret out diplomatic secrets for the Crown. Nobody suspects his secret until Lord Percival meets a quiet, unassuming young woman who sees far more than she should.
* Anthony is trying to find out information and is looking to get that from Irenna's aunt. Anthony goes about acting the 'dandy' and just a 'pretty face' to disguise his true action and self. Irenna has been hurt by a 'pretty face' before and wont' be doing that again. So at first she is believing what Anthony is dishing out..but that doesn't take long for Irenna to realize he isn't what he seems.
4. A Spy To Call My Own by Rebecca Paula
When her brother dies mysteriously, suffragette Vera Attwater travels to Africa to track down her brother's best friend, Owen MacKenna for help. But the Scottish adventurer is more than her brother's friend, he's also the man she's been secretly in love with since childhood. They might fight their attraction, but there's no denying the dangerous secrets they discover as they travel through the jungle. Will love win out or will Owen lose the real mission of keeping Vera safe?
* Vera goes looking for what happened to her brother and what might be happening to her. Vera looks to Owen for help and answers. But Owen means more to Vera than just answers to her questions but can Owen return those feelings?
5. Tempting the Scoundrel by Lana Williams
Elliott Walker, the Earl of Aberland, leads a double life, working for British Intelligence while playing the scoundrel. His grandmother’s new companion, Sophia Markham, is observant and tempting, threatening his secrets. Sophia knows all too well rogues should be avoided, but dare she trust this one as her heart longs to do?
* Elliott was shocked that his Grandmother had a companion when he returned home. Elliott with his spying needs to keep things to himself and doesn't like allot of people in his house it seems. But when he tries to dismiss Sophia he learns that his Grandmother has grown attached to her. This was a cute read with Elliott trying to be distant and first. Sophia too was a sweet and smart main character who was of a 'strong' mind.
Totally enjoyed this box set!
"My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read."
View all my reviews