Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Review: The Stress-Proof Brain: Master Your Emotional Response to Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity

The Stress-Proof Brain: Master Your Emotional Response to Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity The Stress-Proof Brain: Master Your Emotional Response to Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity by Melanie Greenberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

'The Stress-Proof Brain: Master Your Emotional Response to Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity' by Melanie Greenberg. I think we all have some level of stress in our lives. I feel that I have a lot of it and feel alone dealing with it. So I have been looking for something to help me deal with this. This book has been a great start to trying to get a hold on my stress level.

This book as I started reading is divided into three parts:
1. 'Understanding your Stress' : brain,body stress responses.
2. 'Calming Your Amygdala' : to be grounded in the present moment.
3. 'Moving Forward with your Prefrontal Cortex' : how to combat worry.

I have just started this book training and feel that it will be a work in progress for a while but this book does give me some ground to move forward with. I am glad to have this on my shelf of books to go to for help. "My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment