Saturday, February 4, 2017

Review: My Highland Rebel

My Highland Rebel My Highland Rebel by Amanda Forester
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'My Highland Rebel' by Amanda Forester is book Two in the "Highland Trouble" series. This is the story of Cormac Maclean and Jyne Cambell. This can be a standalone book if wish to do so. This book along with 'If the Earl Only Knew' are my two favorite books out of Ms. Forester collections. Ms. Forester has some really enjoyable reads but those two are my favorite. I actually selfishly saved this one for my birthday. I had so enjoyed "If the Earl Only Knew" that this book was a treat for me and I just wanted to savor it. This book did not disappoint even with my buildup of expectation.
Cormac was left with monks after being abandoned by his father when he was little. Now his father, Red Rex who is a notorious war lord has decided that Cormac with become his heir. Red Rex has set out to mold his son into a version of him. But Cormac likes to read and has no desire to fight or be evil like his father. But Cormac has spun some lies to protect a Monk that his father had wanted him to kill. The Monk had been caught chasing after Cormac after he stole some scrolls. The lies to save the Monk has set him on a path to find this treasure..which takes me to Jyne's Abbey. Jyne and Cormac met one morning when Jyne fell into a smelly bog and heyne happened upon her. There Cormac saved her but shortly after her brother came for her and his Monk was hot on his trail for taking the scroll. But with Cormac new lies has taken him to meeting Jyne again. Jyne has just arrived at the Abbey which is to be her dowry. There she finds some squatters who are elderly and young folk abandoned by their own people who have set up home in her keep. Jyne being the kindhearted person she is has them swear their loyalty to her and the Campbell clan. Cormac domes a helmet and becomes the "Fire Lord" to take over the keep. But when he finally meets Jyne again he starts to try to be two people. He tries to be Cormac the man that saved her and the one that will help her now, along with be the "Fire Lord" to take over the keep. He keeps this up by leaving his mask on when he is the "Fire Lord". This actually puts a funny spin on this story. I just loved Cormac and how he was around Jyne. Jyne who was the 'runt' of a large family and always protected was able to become strong and grow.
"My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read."
http://booklikes.com/blog
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17091...
http://sissymaereads.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment